Educating Bartenders Worldwide.
By Beverage Trade Network
The world’s best spirits will once again be battling it out and vying for attention in the London Spirits Competition, which goes into its fourth year on the back of record entries for the 2020 event, increased recognition around the world and a new consumer website, Partnership and integration with The London Drinks Guide, to help promote the brands, distillers and their importers who pick up medals and trophies in the event.
When it comes to competing on the back bar of the most prestigious outlets in the world then knowing you are amongst the best in class in London stands for a lot. That’s what is up for grabs in the 2021 London Spirits Competition which is open now for entries from spirits brands all over the world.
Judges panels are made up of some of the most influential bartenders, mixologists, bar managers and owners in London – arguably the world’s most prestigious and influential drinks and spirits market in the world. If you can make it in London, then there is no reason why you can’t make it any other city. By tasting, sipping and assessing your products the judges are also the ones that will potentially then go on to then pour and serve them in their outlets.
The first edition of 2021 London Spirits Competition judges is out which includes some of the best bartenders, mixologists and spirits buyers and tastemakers in business.
In Picture: Judging Panel of 2021 London Spirits Competition
• Cameron Attfield, GB World Class Bartender Of The Year 2019 and Bar Manager at Harrods
• Giorgio Bargiani, Head Mixologist at The Connaught Bar
• Ivan Dixon, Head of Spirits at Enotria&Coe
• Ludovica Fedi Head Bartender, The Gleneagles Hotel
• Mariantonietta Varamo, Assistant Restaurant and Bar Manager
• Thomas Aske, Founder at Blank Canvas Collective
• Aurelie Montana Assistant Bar Manager , D&D London
• Luca Rapetti Assistant Bar Manager at Shangri-La Hotel At The Shard
• Nelson Reis Bartender at Soho House & Co
• Tudor Cosmin Head Bartender at Marriott International
• Vitor Lourenço Head of Bars at Harbour Hotels
• Laurenz Ortlieb Senior Bartender at The Ritz London
• Cosmin Tigroso Head Bartender at Vintry & Mercer
• Emilia Wrelton Bar Manager at The Ivy St. Helen’s Square.
• Luke Ridge Assistant General Manager at Pali Hill & Bandra Bhai
• Tiago Mira Bar Manager at The Goring Hotel
In keeping with the other London Competitions drinks are also judged on how they taste, their quality, their price, their packaging and design. All those factors are taken into consideration before awarding a medal. That is the way the consumer buys. They buy with their eyes, their wallet and their taste, says Patel.
The judging is broken down like this: Q (Quality Score) + Value Score (V) + Package Score (P) = London Wine Competition Score.
A separate weighted score is given for each of the three parts of the judging process (Quality gets twice the weight.
• Quality score: marked out of 100.
• Value score: marked out of 100
• Packaging score: marked out of 100.
• £170 Regular: December 26 to February 20, 2021.
• Registration Ends: February 20, 2021
• Warehouse Closes for entries: February 26, 2021
Judging Date: March 17, 2021
Winners Announced: April 12, 2021